In Case You Hadn’t Heard…The Best of 2013 and Wishes for 2014
December 20th, 2013 by Keith Hock
I am often writing a family Christmas letter about now; however, this year we decided to send only a photo of our two children, without the letter. I guess the urge to write about the year was too strong for me to ignore. Hence, my professional and personal (what can I say, I’m a proud dad and husband) highlights from 2013 and some wishes for 2014.
Highlights from 2013:
- Working with a great group of attorneys, clients and colleagues. My job is often “all about the numbers” but it is the people I work with who provide meaning and context to those numbers. Thanks to my clients and colleagues for letting me help you with your critical business problems.
- Watching my son’s 11u baseball team win both its league championship and a season-ending tournament. I love baseball and seeing my son love playing is a great joy for me.
- Watching my daughter dance. My daughter is strong, graceful and talented on the dance floor and it is awesome to see her years of hard work in the studio pay off by making the varsity team as a freshman.
- The opening of the pre-school that my wife directs for our church. From just a vision a few years ago, she now leads a team of talented teachers providing a Christian learning environment for 24 children. She loves kids and it is great to see her excited about working with her students.
Now for next year – I hope for a 2014 with:
- Lots of new, exciting litigation cases – may both the law and the facts be on your side.
- A thriving economy that allows companies to grow and prosper – and afford to hire lawyers and accountants for advice.
- All the personal and professional success that you deserve.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year from GBQ to you and your families!
Please share your own highlight from 2013 – or a wish for 2014 – in the comment box below.