Eric B. Dollin, ASA
Mr. Dollin is a Director of GBQ Capital Advisors. In his 15+ years with GBQ, Mr. Dollin’s practice concentrates on assisting business owners with ownership transition planning and execution. Mr. Dollin is also a frequent speaker on valuation, finance, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)-related issues.
Mr. Dollin has performed or contributed to over 1,200 valuation engagements involving interests in privately and publicly traded companies nationwide for a variety of purposes, including: ESOPs, mergers and acquisitions, transaction advisory, shareholder transactions, estate and gift taxation, fair value measurements (e.g., purchase price allocations, goodwill impairment testing, equity-based compensation), fairness opinions, buy-sell agreements, C-corporation to S-corporation conversions, and other corporate-related matters.
Mr. Dollin’s practice specializes in ESOP formations, valuations, transactions, and consulting. He has been involved in hundreds of ESOP-related engagements, including ESOP feasibility studies, initial ESOP valuations, ESOP formation, transaction advisory and structuring (buy-side and sell-side), annual ESOP valuations, fairness and solvency opinions, dispute consulting and advisory, and trustee advisory. Mr. Dollin has been active within The ESOP Association for 15+ years and currently serves on both the National Valuation Advisory Committee and the Advisory Committee of the Indiana Chapter.
- Miami University (OH) – B.S., Finance and Statistics
- ASA – Accredited Senior Appraiser
Associations and Memberships
- American Society of Appraisers
- Association for Corporate Growth
- The ESOP Association – National Valuation Advisory Committee
- Advisory Committee – Indiana Chapter of the ESOP Association
- Miami University Farmer School of Business Young Professional Advisory Council
Select Speaking Engagements
- “15 Cautionary Aspects Specific to ESOP Valuations”; Ohio/Kentucky Chapter of the ESOP Association; August 4, 2022
- “Current ESOP Valuation Issues”; The ESOP Association National Conference; Washington DC; May 5, 2022
- “Assessing the Feasibility of an ESOP”; 7th Annual Great Lakes Conference of the ESOP Association; Sandusky, OH; September 28, 2021
- “Ask the Experts”; Michigan Chapter of the ESOP Association; Lansing, MI; April 17, 2019
- “ESOP Companies Making Acquisitions – A Panel Discussion”; Indiana Chapter of the ESOP Association; Indianapolis, IN; March 9, 2019
- “Demystifying the Valuation/Trustee Review Call”; 4th Annual Great Lakes Conference of the ESOP Association; Sandusky, OH; October 19, 2018