SALTrends – Sales and Use Tax Update – Construction Contracts
March 12, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
One of the top sales and use tax issues in Ohio and other states is the taxation of construction contracts. Project managers and estimators are concerned with bidding projects correctly. Real estate developers are engaging general contractors without understanding the sales and use tax rules. Property owners are entering into large construction contracts and being audited three to four years down the road. The applicability of sales and use tax to construction contracts is a challenge not to be taken lightly.
- Treatment of construction contracts in Ohio and other states
- Classification of projects as tangible personal property and business fixtures vs. real property
- Items contractors may purchase of resale: Karvo Paving Co. v. Testa
- Computer cabling and the impact of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company v. McClain
- Importance of use tax accrual and remittance processes
This webinar qualifies for 1.0 hour of CPE.