This position is responsible for daily accounting operations. This includes application of cash receipts and accounts payable functions as well as monthly reconciliations related to such.
- Apply all receipts via check, QuickFee payment portal and online ACHs to client accounts, daily. Deposit checks via a Remote Capture Deposit feature and document all payment information in internal files. Research and resolve payment discrepancies that exist including overpayments and unallocated payments.
- Monitor accounts payable email inbox and invoice approval process. Code and enter vendor invoices received and approved, with the ability to accurately designate department and office dimensions. Perform a bi-weekly check run and export Excel positive pay files to a bank portal. Communicate with vendors, as necessary, resolving any outstanding items. Communicate with internal associates, as necessary, to obtain appropriate supporting documentation for payables.
- Gather and organize supporting documentation for company credit card purchases and organize information for entry into the GL software.
- Execute client requests for completion of W9’s and send W9 requests to vendors in preparation for year-end 1099 processing.
- Prepare year-end vendor reports for 1099 processing, research and review vendor information for accuracy.
- Perform month-end reconciliations to assist with financial close.
- Maintain electronic files for accounts payable, client retention and other miscellaneous items.
- Assist with maintenance of staff and client records in practice management software.
- Support internal associates as needed.ms
- Provides a high quality, accurate work product.
- Provides solid support to professional staff and responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates comprehension of relevant accounting knowledge, technology concepts and other methodologies.
- Exemplifies Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrates ability to work individually or in a team environment and address conflict with peers and superiors.
Work Experience and Education:
- Cash application and accounts payable experience is a plus.
- Should be detail orientated, have strong multi-tasking skills, as well as possess strong organizational skills to complete daily tasks timely.
- Must have strong proficiency in the use of technology and PC applications, specifically, but not limited to, Adobe/PDF, Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook, including maintaining an inbox and calendar.
- Knowledge of NAV Microsoft Dynamics products is a plus.
- Requires ability to understand multiple entity structures.
- Requires ability to process cash receipts in our practice management system.
- Requires ability to properly code and enter invoices into accounts payable software.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor and work with people at all levels required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be dependable and able to complete daily tasks.
- Client service focus in all areas.
- Will report directly to Senior Manager, Finance who will provide any necessary guidance relative to work performance through the formal evaluation process.