The Administrative Specialist provides a wide range of administrative support to the Toledo Office. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Ability to take on projects with little supervision and sometimes strict time constraints.
- Maintains client information in tax software – XCM.
- Processes tax returns in all software programs the tax department utilizes.
- Efiles tax returns.
- Formats correspondence for partners, directors, managers and staff.
- Enters processing charges for tax returns.
- Assists with associates’ travel arrangements for work-related trips, e.g. air travel, ground transportation, hotel, etc. and submitting the appropriate documents for credit card reconciliation.
- Provides phone coverage and front desk duties for the receptionist’s lunch, breaks and vacations.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties including, but not limited to, answering incoming calls to partners and directors, copying and scanning documents, etc.
- Assist with financial statement formatting and binding.
- Assist with assurance confirmations.
- Assist Office Administrator with day-to-day building and|or maintenance requests.
- Tracks and reports actual client-related time.
- Consistently utilizes all firm and department software efficiently.
- Involvement with internally focused projects to improve procedures by participation in committees, technical training, HR initiatives and other firm related projects.
- Works to identify opportunities to reduce costs within the firm.
- Provides other services in addition to core administrative services.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Utilizes appropriate procedures to completion to produce a high quality work product.
- Demonstrates comprehension of relevant accounting knowledge, technology concepts and other methodologies.
- Works in collaboration with the other administrative team members to help ensure a consistent and efficient workflow.
- Exemplifies Brand Attributes of the firm.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the firm.
- Demonstrates the ability to work individually or in a team environment and address conflict with peers and superiors.
- Enhances firm collaboration through interactions with associates from other departments.
- Consistently seeks feedback from performance manager and focuses on enhancing and developing professional and technical skills.
Work Experience and Education:
- Three – five years of administrative experience.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and PC applications, specifically, but not limited to, Microsoft applications, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must exhibit attention to detail.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The Administrative Specialist will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.