Associate – Merger & Acquisition Practice of Footprint Capital
Footprint Capital is a boutique investment bank focused on advising owners and operators of privately held companies in the middle market. We believe that distinguished advice results from extensive knowledge of our clients and their businesses—knowledge we gain by working closely with one another, in true partnership. At Footprint, we combine this knowledge with a genuine caring for our clients, acting with integrity always, a long-term view, and hard work. Deeply rooted in the Midwest, Footprint Capital is proudly based in Columbus, Ohio. Our services include sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions, assisting with internal transactions such as management buyouts and ESOPs, ownership transition planning, growth consulting, value enhancement, and capital sourcing.
We are currently seeking an Associate in our Columbus office.
The primary role of an Associate in Footprint’s merger and acquisition practice will be to complete a wide variety of support for mergers, acquisitions, and other financial advisory services. In performing this support, the Associate will:
- Learn about our client companies and interview executive management
- Perform business, industry, and economic research
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis and modeling
- Build and maintain an industry leading knowledge of LBO financial models other relevant analytic tools
- Conduct various valuation techniques, including discounted cash flow analysis, guideline public company analysis, guideline transaction analysis, and various others
- Write comprehensive Confidential Information Memorandums, and other reports
- Ensure the accuracy and correctness of all internal and external materials
- Create management and other presentations
- Maintain lists, databases, and other information in an organized fashion
An Associate will have an opportunity to immediately make an impact on our practice by completing challenging and high-profile client engagements. The Associate will have meaningful client interaction and work closely with senior professionals in the firm from the start. There is career advancement potential based on the individual’s ability and willingness to contribute and succeed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field.
- Experience: 2-5 years of relevant finance experience, such as investment banking, valuation analysis, financial analysis, corporate finance, credit analysis, financial accounting, or other similar roles.
- Professional Designations: Professional designations, or progress toward professional designations, is a plus (e.g., CFA, CPA, ABV, ASA, CBA, CVA).
- Communication Skills: Must have strong verbal communication skills as well as excellent business writing skills.
- Computer Skills: Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. Superior Excel skills are preferred. Experience with CapitalIQ or PitchBook is a plus.
Other Critical Attributes:
- Highly-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Exceedingly detail-oriented and organized
- Strong problem-solving and research capabilities
- Ability and desire to succeed in both an individual and a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple engagements, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability to think creatively & display intellectual curiosity
- Ability and willingness to work a demanding and flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends, depending on client demands