This entrepreneurial-minded individual will work on a variety of advisory and consulting projects, while assisting Office Managing Director in establishing a Cincinnati based assurance practice, identifying and obtaining new engagements. Will actively lead audit, review, and other assurance projects including planning, fieldwork and wrap-up of all engagements. Lead engagement teams and manage client relationships including having responsibility for day-to-day client contact. Create plans and budgets for audit and other assurance programs and ensure completion of engagements within a defined timeline. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Oversee all aspects of audits, reviews and other assurance engagements
- Develop programs, plans and approaches for assigned client engagements.
- Supervise and review all work of seniors, staff, and interns on assigned client engagements.
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring training and supporting development of seniors, staff and interns.
- Communicate status of work, problems, and findings to both internal GBQ management and clients.
- Collaborate with firm leaders, other departments and client leadership to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Review engagement profitability and prepare and analyze monthly billing for assigned engagements.
- Develop and deliver executive presentations, summaries of financial information and lead client and internal meetings.
- Monitor the hours incurred by engagement team members and the progress of assigned client engagements to ensure work is completed within both a defined budget and a defined timeline.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations established by firm.
- Monitor staff charge budgets to ensure staff and seniors achieve charge hour budgets and hour expectations established by firm.
- Prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
- Participate in and lead “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Assist in establishing and implementing policies that improve department efficiencies.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending fundraisers, meetings with prospects/bankers, charitable events, professional organizations, etc.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while completing client work and firm-related projects.
- Identify opportunities to obtain new engagements and assist firm leadership in securing new clients and engagements.
- Participate in and lead public speaking engagements and presentations.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and deep knowledge of technical concepts.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment to identify and mitigate risks.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Coordinate and collaborate with team, other firm associates and client personnel to ensure efficient flow of data, information, and financial issues, risks and recommendations.
- Identify and present operational and financial improvement opportunities for clients served.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding of client’s business, industry and resources available to provide value to clients.
- Identify complex issues and perform complex technical research to make recommendations to firm and client leadership.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm and promote positive work environment for team members.
- Support and ensure adherence to all administrative policies and procedures of the firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or in a team environment and exhibit confidence addressing and resolving conflict with peers, subordinates and firm leaders.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop individual professional and technical skills.
- Prepare and deliver objective and candid performance evaluations to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in development of associates.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA.
- Strong proficiency with PC and software packages utilized by Assurance Department.
- Approximately 5-7 years of financial audit experience in public accounting.
- Individual will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Responsible for management and supervision of Assurance staff.