The staff auditor will actively participate in the assurance engagement process by conducting financial statement audits, agreed-upon procedures or other assurance projects for clients in the Credit Union industry. Additionally they will focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth, Client Focus, and Brand Culture/Development.
- Assist in the execution of audit, agreed-upon procedures and other assurance engagements.
- Perform analysis and testing of account balances and internal controls.
- Prepare financial statements, including significant account policy descriptions and footnotes to financial statements as well as other related reports and documents.
- Complete assignments within established budget for assigned areas.
- Achieve charge hour budget and minimum billable hours as set by the Firm.
- Participate in non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of basic grammatical, spelling and calculation errors.
- Represent the Firm and build relationships by participating in external activities.
- Develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interact with current and prospective clients, develop cross-selling skills and identify new opportunities for the practice.
- Develop and display knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and demonstrate good judgment.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Work in partnership with other team members and client personnel to help ensure efficient flow of information from client to audit team.
- Comprehend new, complex issues and perform basic research to solve complex problems.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and develop solutions-based approaches to client and team needs.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from supervisors to develop and enhance professional and technical skills.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be actively pursuing the CPA exam or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- 1+ year of financial audit experience preferred.
- Staff will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through formal and informal evaluation processes.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work. This position requires overnight travel throughout the state of Ohio and surrounding states. Overnight travel is, on average, 1-2 nights a week, increasing to 3-4 nights a week from January – April.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.