Assurance Staff actively participate in the assurance engagement process by preparing financial statements audits, reviews and compilations, or other assurance projects for clients in different industries. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth, Client Focus, and Brand Culture/Development.
- Assist in the execution of audit, review, and other assurance engagements.
- Perform analysis and testing of account balances and internal controls.
- Prepare financial statements including notes to financial statements and other related documents.
- Complete assignments within an established budget for assigned areas.
- Achieve charge hour budget and minimum billable hours as set by Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of basic grammatical, spelling, and calculation errors.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop and display knowledge of GAAP and GAAS and demonstrate good judgment.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA, and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Work in partnership with other team members and client personnel to help ensure efficient flow of information from client to audit team.
- Comprehend new, complex issues and perform basic research to solve complex problems.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and address conflict with peers.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Staff will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.