GBQ is looking for a Compliance Senior to join our Credit Union Compliance team. We are looking for a professional with a solid understanding of Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act Customer Identification Program, and OFAC requirements to actively participate in serving credit unions in compliance audits and consulting engagements related to BSA/AML. This individual will also assist with the execution of Automated Clearing House (ACH), SAFE Act, Fair Lending, Consumer and Mortgage Lending, and general compliance engagements. Projects are fast-paced, and work is delivered as part of a team. This position is for self-starters who will work primarily remotely with 20-30% travel in Ohio and surrounding states depending on client requirements.
- Execute compliance audits and consulting engagements.
- Consult and communicate with department leaders and client personnel to complete compliance and consulting engagements.
- Complete assignments within an established budget for assigned areas and monitor and report the actual hours incurred compared to the budget for assigned client engagements.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations established by the Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete and ensure completion of accurate, neat, and organized workpapers that are free of errors.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while working on client work and firm-related projects.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong communication, presentation, and organization/time management skills to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to research and analyze regulations and to develop and implement practical solutions.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA, and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Identify process improvements resulting in efficiencies on client engagements.
- Comprehend and summarize complex issues and perform technical research.
- Ability to complete assignments timely and accurately.
- Demonstrate the ability to work additional hours necessary to meet client deadlines.
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to self-manage and create accurate and timely deliverables in a remote environment.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate the ability to address conflict with peers and subordinates.
- Consistently enhance and develop individual, professional and technical skills.
- Provide timely feedback to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in the development of the associate.
Work Experience and Education:
- Expert-level knowledge of state and federal credit union and banking regulations such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control, SAFE Act, Truth-in-Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity, Fair Housing, HMDA, RESPA, FCRA/FACTA, Truth-in-Savings, Funds Availability, Electronic Funds Transfer, UDAAP, etc.
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field; additional experience or certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4-7 years of compliance experience with a financial institution (bank, credit union, public accounting firm).
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Specialist (BSACS), Accredited ACH Professional (AAP), Credit Union Compliance Expert (CUCE), or other relevant professional certifications a plus.
- Experience submitting written or oral reports of audit results to senior management and audit committees and communicating findings, analysis, conclusions, and recommended actions.
- Knowledge and practical use of statistical analytics and testing methods. Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word).
- Will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- May supervise staff members on client engagements.
- May perform roles of performance manager for staff members.
- 20-30% travel in Ohio and surrounding states expected.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.