The role of the Client Accounting & Advisory Services Controller is to provide financial oversight, leadership and support to various clients by directing financial functions such as accounting, budgeting, and other areas as needed. The Client Accounting & Advisory Services Controller focuses on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth, Client Focus, and Brand Culture/Development.
- Responsible for taking on the role of consultant and advisor to clients on best practices for accounting and finance-related engagements.
- Manage multiple clients, work, and varying deadlines.
- Prepare and analyze client financial statements and make recommendations accordingly.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis per client requests.
- Assist clients in the annual budget process and report on budget versus actual results.
- Maintain general knowledge of federal tax, state and local tax, valuation, and other specialty areas. Identify cross-selling opportunities for clients.
- Assist with Transaction Advisory Services projects including due diligence preparedness, quality of earnings reports, and merger and acquisition books.
- Act as the Controller for designated clients.
- Ability to perform assigned client engagements within both a defined budget and a defined timeline.
- Prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
- Ability to utilize and leverage technology efficiently.
- Identify opportunities to represent the firm and build relationships by attending special events and meetings.
- Develop networking and other practice development skills.
- Ability to identify special projects and/or internal firm initiatives which will provide opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Provides a high-quality, accurate work product to clients.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and deep knowledge of technical concepts.
- Develop judgment to identify and mitigate risks.
- Identify and present financial improvement opportunities for clients served.
- Coordinate and collaborate with direct supervisor on a frequent basis, to ensure efficient flow of information relative to client engagements.
- Demonstrate the importance of learning and understanding the client’s business, industry and resources available to provide value to clients.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm and promote a positive work environment.
- Support and ensure adherence to all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Exhibit ability to work independently, having confidence in his/her ability to address and resolve conflict with peers, subordinates and firm leaders.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors to enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
Work Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Five years of relevant work experience in public accounting or as an Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, or Controller.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred. Ability to learn new accounting systems.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting.
- CPA certification preferred, but not required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a number of projects at once, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage relationships to exceed expectations.
- Confidence to work with a variety of clients.
- Ability to work well independently and complete projects in a timely manner. Goal-oriented and a self-starter.
- Will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Reliable transportation for occasional on-site client work required.