GBQ’s Valuation and Financial Opinions Practice is a dynamic, rapidly-growing valuation practice. We complete 300+ valuation opinions annually for clients nationwide. Our engagements involve the valuation of businesses, business interests, and intangible assets for purposes including financial reporting, transaction advisory, tax planning and compliance, business succession planning, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), disputes, and other corporate-related matters.
We are currently seeking an experienced valuation professional to add to our team. This position would likely require a relocation to our Columbus, Ohio office, as interaction with our existing valuation staff is a major component of this position.
The primary role of this experienced valuation professional in GBQ’s Valuation & Financial Opinions practice will be to complete a wide variety of valuation engagements for companies of all sizes and industries. In performing these valuations, the professional will:
- Learn about our client companies and interview executive management
- Perform business, industry, and economic research
- Conduct in-depth financial and valuation analysis and modeling
- Conduct various valuation techniques, including discounted cash flow analysis, guideline public company analysis, guideline transaction analysis, option-pricing valuation techniques, and various others
- Write comprehensive valuation reports to support and document our opinion
- Train and manage valuation staff
Since this experienced professional will already have experience with 1-6 above, they will have an opportunity to immediately make an impact on our practice by completing challenging and high-profile client engagements and assisting with important staff and practice development initiatives. The valuation professional will immediately have significant client interaction and will have direct access to our entire team of valuation experts. There is significant career advancement potential based on the individual’s ability and willingness to contribute and succeed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Valuation Experience: For this experienced valuation professional, 3-10 years of valuation experience is required. Experience at regional or national valuation practices is preferred. Well-rounded valuation expertise including experience with transaction-related valuations, financial reporting valuations (i.e., purchase price allocations, impairment testing, equity-based compensation, complex securities), ESOPs, and estate & gift planning valuations is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field, with significant Accounting and Economics coursework preferred
- Professional Designations: Professional designations, or progress toward professional designations, is a plus (e.g., CFA, CPA, ABV, ASA, CBA, CVA).
- Communication Skills: Must have strong verbal communication skills as well as excellent business writing skills.
- Computer Skills: Strong proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. Experience with CapitalIQ or Crystal Ball is a plus.
Other Critical Attributes:
- Highly-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Ability to think creatively & display intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem-solving and research capabilities
- Ability and desire to succeed in both an individual and a team environment
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to manage multiple engagements, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to work a demanding and flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends, depending on client demands