GBQ’s Valuation and Financial Opinions practice is nationally recognized and is among the fastest-growing valuation practices in the country. We perform hundreds of valuations annually for clients nationwide, ranging from large international publicly traded companies to small family-owned businesses. We specialize in the valuation of businesses, business interests, intangible assets, and complex financial instruments in the context of transaction advisory, ESOPs, estate and gift planning, shareholder transactions and buy-sell agreements, equity-based compensation, financial reporting, and various other corporate-related matters.
Our innovative and forward-thinking professionals are recognized industry thought leaders who frequently serve as speakers, authors, and instructors on topics related to valuation, ESOPs, transaction advisory, and finance…on a local, regional, and national basis. We are also accredited members of the CFA Institute (CFA), the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA), the Institute of Business Appraisers (CBA), and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA/ABV).
Position Role Statement
We are currently seeking Finance or Economics majors (Bachelor’s or Master’s) or graduates for a full-time position as a Financial Analyst in our Valuation and Financial Opinions practice. The start date for this position would be no earlier than December 2021, and no later than Summer 2022. This position is in our Columbus office.
- Prepare Business Valuation Reports – The primary role of our valuation professionals is to complete a wide variety of valuation engagements for companies of all sizes and industries. In performing these valuations, the Financial Analyst will:
- Learn about our client companies and interview executive management
- Perform business, industry, and economic research
- Conduct in-depth financial and valuation analysis and modeling
- Conduct various valuation techniques, including discounted cash flow analysis, guideline public company analysis, guideline transaction analysis, option-pricing valuation techniques, and various others
- Write comprehensive valuation reports to support and document our opinion
- Contribute to Group Initiatives – Our Financial Analysts are expected to contribute to group-wide initiatives and special projects, and otherwise actively participate in the improvement of our Valuation practice by providing new ideas, suggestions, research, etc.
- Pursue Valuation Designations – Our Financial Analysts are all expected to pursue valuation- and finance-related professional designations, such as the CFA, CPA/ABV, and/or ASA.
Specific competencies required for successful job performance:
- Fundamental understanding of finance and valuation concepts and theory, accounting principles, and economic theory
- Advanced experience in MS Office, specifically MS Excel
- Excellent business writing skills
- Experience with business software programs such as CapitalIQ or Crystal Ball is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to succeed in a team environment
- Detail-oriented and organized, capable of simultaneously managing multiple engagements, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability to think creatively and display intellectual curiosity
- Self-motivated to perform at a high level
- Ability to quickly learn and display knowledge of client’s business and its industries
- Ability to consistently enhance and develop professional and technical skills
- Flexible work schedule and willingness to work as needed to meet client deadlines
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or a related field
- Graduation must be no later than Summer 2022
- Relevant internship experience is preferred
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands