The support technician will be responsible for computer and network helpdesk support for GBQ personnel.
- Provides support to users with everyday general IT support issues.
- Performs software installations.
- Prepares online documentation for new software releases.
- Maintains desktop and laptop computers with the latest software, firmware and BIOS. This involves online research to determine the latest software patches and developing a plan to roll out to all computers.
- Assist with personnel moves, laptop imaging and other equipment deployments.
- Provides five-star technical support to employees for computer/printing/applications.
- Performs support for Apple and Android devices.
- Has the ability to work and make decisions without constant supervision.
- Collaborates with Director of IT to review, analyze and determine helpdesk priorities.
- Performs system backups and file restores for employees.
- Manages printer toner and arranges for service on all printers.
- Keeps users informed on current helpdesk issues and progress being made.
- Calls software/hardware vendors to resolve issues when needed.
- Collaborates with the IT group to stay ahead and effective with delivering IT solutions to the firm.
- Tracks and reports actual client-related time.
- Involvement with internally focused projects to improve procedures by participation in committees, technical training, HR initiatives and other firm related projects.
- Identify opportunities to reduce firm costs.
- Provide services in addition to core services.
- Provides a high quality, accurate work product to both internal and external clients.
- Provides solid support to professional staff and responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates comprehension of relevant accounting knowledge, technology concepts and other methodologies.
- Exemplify the Brand Attributes of the firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the firm.
- Demonstrate the ability to work individually or in a team environment and address conflict with peers and superiors.
Work Experience and Education:
- Associates degree in Computer Science equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in the helpdesk/computer support environment.
- Helpdesk duties or computer configuration/set-up operations as well as customer service background.
- Must be proficient with Windows Operating Systems, and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access) and Dell hardware.
- Focused on resolutions and productivity. Good judgment and decision-making skills. Ability and flexibility to adapt to change quickly.
- Must possess strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills to solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor and work with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Customer service focus in all areas including internal clients and external clients.
- Will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. to include computer monitors, shipments and computers.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.