Actively participate in the completion of assurance and tax procedures. Complete financial statements audits, reviews, tax returns, and other miscellaneous projects for clients in various industries. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Assist in the execution of audit, review and other assurance engagements or other projects for clients.
- Prepare financial statements and other related documents.
- Perform analysis of financial and non-financial information for clients.
- Participate in audit and review reengineering meetings.
- Prepare partnership, corporate and individual tax returns.
- Update depreciation schedules.
- Prepare projections based upon financial data and income and expense projections.
- Conduct internet research.
- Complete assignments within established budget.
- Achieve charge hour budget and minimum billable hours as established by Firm.
- Strong PC skills and ability to learn and become proficient in majority of software utilized by Assurance and Tax Departments.
- Complete accurate, neat, organized workpapers and other documents free of basic grammatical, spelling and calculation errors.
- Ability to quickly learn new techniques and processes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Develop strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop strong and efficient organizational skills.
- Develop and display knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, tax rules and regulations, and demonstrate good judgment.
- Understand the rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Collaborate with team members and other associates within the Firm to identify client needs and develop recommended solutions to problems.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and address conflict with peers.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
Work Experience and Education:
- Must be working towards a BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Staff will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.
Job Application Form