GBQ’s International Tax and Business Advisory Services practice supports companies large and small in navigating the complexities of managing global business operations. Our service offerings include intercompany policy design and planning, transfer pricing documentation, global tax and treasury planning, and other global business-related matters.
We are currently seeking a Senior Associate or Manager. This professional can be located in our Columbus, Cincinnati, or Toledo offices. Other remote locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The primary role of this experienced professional in GBQ’s international practice will be to complete a wide variety of consulting engagements for companies of all sizes and industries. This professional will have an opportunity to immediately make an impact on our practice by completing challenging and high-profile client engagements. The professional will have meaningful client interaction and work closely with senior professionals in the firm from the start. Depending on the professional’s prior experience, additional technical or client responsibilities may also be considered. There is career advancement potential based on the individual’s ability and willingness to contribute and succeed.
Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Learn about our client companies and interview executive management
- Perform business, industry, and economic research
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis and modeling
- Write comprehensive transfer pricing documentation, technical memos, and other reports
- Ensure the accuracy and correctness of all internal and external materials
- Create management and other presentations
- Maintain lists, databases, and other information in an organized fashion
- Manage day-to-day communications with clients
- Train and manage staff
- Monitor the hours incurred by engagement team members and the progress of assigned client engagements to ensure work is completed within both a defined budget and a defined timeline.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations established by the firm.
- Monitor staff charge budgets to ensure staff and seniors achieve charge hour budgets and hour expectations established by the firm.
- Prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
- Participate in and lead “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Assist in establishing and implementing policies that improve department efficiencies.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending fundraisers, meetings with prospects/bankers, charitable events, professional organizations, etc.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while completing client work and firm-related projects.
- Identify opportunities to obtain new engagements and assist firm leadership in securing new clients and engagements.
- Participate in and lead public speaking engagements and presentations.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to identify client risks and issues and communicate recommendations to clients and Firm associates.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the team, other firm associates and client personnel to ensure efficient flow of data, information, and financial issues, risks, and recommendations.
- Identify and present financial improvement opportunities for clients served.
- Demonstrate an appropriate understanding of the client’s business, industry, and resources available to provide value to clients.
- Identify complex issues and perform complex technical research to make recommendations to firm and client leadership.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm and promote a positive work environment for team members.
- Support and ensure adherence to all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently or in a team environment and exhibit confidence in addressing and resolving conflict with peers, subordinates and firm leaders.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop individual professional and technical skills.
- Prepare and deliver objective and candid performance evaluations to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in development of associates.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- 3+ years of relevant finance or business experience, such as tax, business analysis, financial analysis, corporate finance, or other similar roles.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
- Individual will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Reliable transportation for occasional on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.