The IT Services team is a strategic practice unit within GBQ that secures client value by delivering IT risk management solutions, builds client value with productivity solutions, as well as assuring client value through IT Assurance services. We serve clients throughout the Midwest with a majority of our clients located in Ohio or surrounding states. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
The associate will primarily provide IT Assurance services to our clients, as well as other productivity and risk management services as a valuable member of our integrated team. Our ideal candidate is an auditor with hands-on experience in a public accounting setting working with financial and/or information technology internal controls.
Provide Information Technology auditing and advisory services to our clients, including a variety of the following:
- System and Organization Controls (SOC 1, SOC 2) reporting engagements;
- IT auditing in support of our firm’s audit practice (IT General Controls);
- Regulatory Compliance Risk and Controls Assessments for financial institutions and other GBQ-focused niche verticals;
- Internal audit co-sourcing;
- Other duties, as required.
- Team player and deadline oriented.
- Complete accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of basic grammatical, spelling and calculation errors.
- Ability to multi-task and set workload priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Complete assignments within established budget for assigned areas.
- Achieve charge hour budget and minimum billable hours as set by the Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve Firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Represent Firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Contribute to the team’s practice development activities, including writing articles and participating in speaking and networking engagements.
- Develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to provide outstanding client service.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Work in partnership with other team members and client personnel to help ensure efficient flow of information from the client to audit team.
- Comprehend new, complex issues and perform basic research to solve complex problems.
- Ability to lead small IT audit jobs, as well as lead or work as part of a team for larger engagements.
- Familiarity with common control frameworks (NIST, CIS, ISO, PCI, HIPAA)
- Ability to perform (or interest in learning) technical scans for infrastructure vulnerabilities using commercially available tools.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and address conflict with peers.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
- Interest in developing the skillset to perform team activities, including:
- Network security assessments;
- Web applications security assessments; and
- Vulnerability scanning and penetration testing engagements.
Work Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in business, finance, accounting or information systems preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of audit experience; internal controls or IT audit preferred.
- Minimum of 1 or more years of experience within a public accounting/consulting firm preferred.
- CPA, CISA, CISM, CISSP certification or comparable accreditation preferred, or working towards.
- Staff will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Flexibility with travel and hours.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.