The IT Services team is a strategic practice unit within GBQ that secures client value by delivering IT risk management solutions, builds client value with productivity solutions, as well as assuring client value through IT Assurance services. The Senior will primarily provide IT Assurance services to our clients, as well as other productivity and risk management services as a valuable member of our integrated team. Our ideal candidate is an experienced IT Auditor whose career includes a broad range of hands-on experience working with internal controls. We serve clients throughout the Midwest with a majority of our clients located in Ohio or surrounding states. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth, Client Focus, and Brand Culture/Development.
Provide Information Technology auditing and advisory services to our clients, including a variety of the following:
- System and Organization Controls (SOC 1, SOC 2) reporting engagements;
- IT auditing in support of our firm’s audit practice (IT General Controls);
- Regulatory Compliance Risk and Controls Assessments for financial institutions and other GBQ focused niche verticals;
- Internal Audit co-sourcing;
- Data analytics projects including litigation and fraud detection;
- Business intelligence and dashboarding projects;
- Other duties as required.
- Team player and deadline oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and set workload priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Complete assignments within an established budget for assigned areas.
- Achieve charge hour budget and minimum billable hours as set by Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve Firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of basic grammatical, spelling and calculation errors.
- Represent Firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Contribute to the team’s practice development activities, including writing articles and participating in speaking and networking engagements.
- Develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding client service.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Work in partnership with other team members and client personnel to help ensure efficient flow of information from client to audit team.
- Comprehend new, complex issues and perform basic research to solve complex problems.
- Ability to lead small IT audit jobs, as well as lead or work as part of a team for larger engagements.
- Proficient with (or ability and interest to learn) data analytics and visualization tools (IDEA, Power BI), familiarity with related languages (DAX, SQL, R, etc.)
- Ability to perform (or interest in learning) technical scans for infrastructure vulnerabilities using commercially available tools.
- Familiarity with common control frameworks (NIST, CIS, ISO, PCI, HIPAA)
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and address conflict with peers.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
- Interest in developing skillset to perform team activities including:
- Network security assessments;
- Web applications security assessments; and
- Vulnerability scanning and penetration testing engagements.
Work Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; major in business, finance, accounting or information systems preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of audit experience; internal controls or IT audit preferred (not required).
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience within a public accounting/consulting firm preferred.
- 2 years of hands-on experience in information technology desired.
- CPA, CISA, CISM, CISSP certification or comparable accreditation preferred (not required).
- Staff will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Flexibility with travel and hours.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.