At GBQ, we empower growth; growth of our people, our communities and our clients’ businesses. The IT Services team is a strategic practice unit within GBQ that empowers growth of our client’s business by delivering IT strategy, risk management and assurance services. We serve clients throughout the Midwest with a majority of our clients located in Ohio or surrounding states.
The Senior will primarily provide IT Assurance services to our clients, as well as other productivity and risk management services as a valuable member of our integrated team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and attentive auditor with experience in a public accounting setting working with either or both financial and information technology internal controls.
Provide Information Technology auditing and advisory services to our clients, including a variety of the following:
- System and Organization Controls (SOC) examination engagements:
- SOC 1 – primarily financial business process controls and IT general controls,
- SOC 2 – primarily organizational governance, IT security, IT operations and change management controls;
- IT auditing in support of our firm’s financial audit practice (IT General Controls and Sarbanes Oxley internal control testing);
- Regulatory IT controls assessments for financial institutions;
- Other duties as required.
Responsibilities within the aforementioned client engagements will include:
- Planning, scheduling of staff resources and project schedules.
- Training and development of younger associates through hands-on assistance during client engagements.
- Supervising the completion and accurate preparation of engagement documentation of the assigned team members for each engagement.
- Coordination with client contacts to gather required information, discuss questions and resolve open items to complete engagements.
- Preparation of client reporting deliverables.
- Wrap up/clean up of engagement documentation upon completion of engagements.
- Team player and deadline oriented.
- Complete accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of basic grammatical, spelling and calculation errors.
- Ability to multi-task and set workload priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete assignments within the established budget for assigned areas.
- Achieve charge hour budget and minimum billable hours as set by Firm.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Identify and suggest opportunities for improvement in the team’s operations, including participation in internal initiatives to adopt new tools and software, as approved by Director.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve Firm administration.
- Represent Firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Contribute to the team’s practice development activities, including writing articles and participating in speaking and networking engagements.
- Develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead IT audit engagements, teach and assist younger staff, and interfacing with client contacts to gather required information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking: analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding client service.
- Work in partnership with other team members and client personnel to help ensure an efficient flow of information from the client to the audit team.
- Comprehend new, complex issues and perform basic research to solve complex problems.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and address conflict with peers.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
- Interest in developing the skill set to perform other team activities in the future, including:
- Business intelligence/data analytics projects;
- Network security assessments;
- Web applications security assessments; and
- Vulnerability scanning and penetration testing engagements.
Work Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in business, accounting or information systems preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of audit experience; internal controls or IT audit preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of experience within a public accounting/consulting firm preferred.
- 2 years of hands-on experience in information technology desired.
- CPA, CISA, CISM, CISSP certification or comparable accreditation preferred, or plans to obtain in the future.
- Senior will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Senior will be a member of the IT Services team as a whole, often working in collaboration with other project teams and individuals.
- Flexibility with travel and hours.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.