Considering a new position?
If yes, consider joining GBQ Partners as a Director in our Japanese Business Services niche. This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor and deliver industry-focused audit or tax services to middle market clients. As one of the fastest growing firms in the midwest, GBQ has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development. Read on to learn more.
You will enjoy this role if…
Would you like the ability to focus on one industry sector and be an expert for your clients?
What You Will Do:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various consulting services to our Japanese Business specific clients:
- Proactively engage with your clients throughout the year
- Plan and oversee engagement activities
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and with clients and referrals
- Support the growth and development of team members
- Be actively involved with winning new pursuits for the firm
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
- Approve engagement budget, billing and scheduling
- Oversee a significant amount of high priority work
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient coursework to support the role
- CPA preferred
- Twelve (12)+ years of experience providing financial statement auditing, tax, or consulting services within a public accounting firm
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem-solving
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational and analytical skills, initiative, adaptability
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship preferred
- Must speak and write Japanese
You will be responsible for the profitability and successful growth of the Japanese Business Services practice while you supervise and mentor managers, seniors and staff. You will also be responsible for the overall supervision of the Japanese Business Services business line. We expect you to possess excellent interpersonal skills and technical or industry specialization while focusing on the four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth, Client Focus, and Brand Culture/Development. Interested parties must speak and write Japanese.
- Provide consistently good client service.
- Develop overall approaches and oversee delegation of tasks for completion of assigned client engagements.
- Supervise managers, seniors and staff assigned to engagements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound working relationships with client senior management.
- Oversee a significant amount of high-priority work.
- Approve engagement budget, billing and scheduling.
- Delegate client service tasks to team members effectively.
- Make timely and sound decisions.
- Supply the resources needed by associates to produce expected results and obtain set goals.
- Consistently achieve targets for realization, utilization and collection of A/R established by department.
- Prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
- Consistently improve engagement efficiency.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Create projects to improve GBQ, including committees, policies and procedures, training, HR initiatives, technology, department processes and research initiatives.
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending fundraisers, meetings with prospects|bankers, charitable events, professional organizations, etc.
- Increase firm revenue by obtaining new clients for department, increasing service offerings to existing clients, and obtaining cross-selling engagements.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with referral sources and clients.
- Responsible for client engagements and demonstrate strong leadership skills while working on client work and firm-related projects.
- Develop industry or technical skill specialization and expertise on specific topics within the department.
- Responsible for thought leadership initiatives intended to create interest and confidence in GBQ as a potential service provider. Including, but not limited to, presentations to local Japanese community.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently deliver outstanding client service.
- Effectively manage competing priorities and projects while exceeding client expectations.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for clients served.
- Apply excellent judgment on client engagement and add value through deep understanding of client’s business|industry and internal|external resources available.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
Brand Culture | Development
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm and maintain a positive and fun environment with strong team chemistry.
- Support and embrace all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to address and resolve conflict as needed.
- Motivate, lead and hold others accountable.
- Possess willingness to put firm first, speak up on important firm matters and commit to firm decisions.
Work Experience | Education
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA.
- 12+ years of experience in public accounting.
- Experience serving Japanese businesses.
- Responsible for the co-management and supervision of department staff members.
- Report to either Director of Tax or Assurance Services.
- Strong communication skills in both English and Japanese.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.
Submit your resume and begin building the career you want.