Actively participate in serving credit unions in compliance audits and consulting engagements. Audit and consulting engagements include Bank Secrecy (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), OFAC, SAFE Act, Automated Clearing House (ACH), Truth in Lending, and much more. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Execute compliance audits and consulting engagements.
- Consult and communicate with department leaders and client personnel to complete compliance and consulting engagements.
- Complete assignments within an established budget for assigned areas and monitor and report the actual hours incurred compared to the budget for assigned client engagements.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations established by the Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete and ensure completion of accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of errors.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while working on client work and firm-related projects.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong communication, presentation and organization/time management skills to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to research and analyze regulations and to develop and implement practical solutions.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA, and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Identify process improvements resulting in efficiencies on client engagements.
- Comprehend and summarize complex issues and perform technical research.
- Ability to complete assignments timely and accurately.
- Demonstrate the ability to work additional hours necessary to meet client deadlines.
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate the ability to address conflict with peers and subordinates.
- Consistently enhance and develop individual, professional and technical skills.
- Provide timely feedback to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in the development of the associate.
Work Experience and Education:
- Expert-level knowledge of state and federal credit union and banking regulations, such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control, SAFE Act, Truth in Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, RESPA, FCRA/FACTA, Truth in Savings, Funds Availability, Electronic Funds Transfers, USAAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of the real estate lending, consumer lending and deposit processes and compliance requirements.
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Designations as Regulatory Compliance Expert, Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Expert, and Accredited ACH Professional a plus.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Approximately 3-5 years of financial audit experience.
- Report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- May supervise staff members on client engagements.
- May perform roles of performance manager for staff members.
- Significant amount of travel required.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.