Actively participate in the completion of assurance and tax procedures. Complete financial statements audits, reviews, tax returns, and other miscellaneous projects for clients in various industries. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Assist in the execution of audit, review and other assurance engagements.
- Prepare financial statements and other related documents.
- Prepare partnership, corporate and individual tax returns and complete tax planning and other tax consulting procedures.
- Perform analysis of financial and non-financial information for clients.
- Complete assignments within established budget.
- Achieve charge hour budget and minimum billable hours as established by Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete accurate, neat, organized workpapers and other documents free of basic grammatical, spelling and calculation errors.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Develop and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop and display knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, tax rules and regulations, and demonstrate good judgment.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Collaborate with team members and other associates within the Firm to identify client needs and develop recommended solutions to problems.
- Comprehend new and complicated issues and perform basic research to solve complex problems.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and address conflict with peers.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop professional and technical skills.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Staff will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.