GBQ’s Valuation and Financial Opinions Practice is a dynamic, rapidly-growing valuation practice. We complete 300+ valuation opinions annually for clients nationwide. Our engagements involve the valuation of businesses, business interests, and intangible assets for purposes including financial reporting, transaction advisory, tax planning and compliance, business succession planning, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), disputes, and other corporate-related matters.
We are currently seeking an analyst or senior analyst in our Columbus office.
The primary role of an analyst or senior analyst in GBQ’s Valuation & Financial Opinions practice will be to complete a wide variety of valuation engagements for companies of all sizes and industries. In performing these valuations, the analyst will:
- Learn about our client companies and interview executive management
- Perform business, industry, and economic research
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis and modeling
- Conduct various valuation techniques, including discounted cash flow analysis, guideline public company analysis, guideline transaction analysis, option-pricing valuation techniques, and various others
- Write comprehensive valuation reports to support and document our opinion
The analyst or senior analyst will have an opportunity to immediately make an impact on our practice by completing challenging and high-profile client engagements and assisting with important practice development initiatives. The analyst will immediately have significant client interaction and will have direct access to our entire team of valuation experts. There is significant career advancement potential based on the individual’s ability and willingness to contribute and succeed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field, with significant Accounting and Economics coursework preferred
- Valuation Experience: For a senior analyst, 1-5 years of valuation experience is required. Experience with financial reporting valuations (i.e., purchase price allocations, impairment testing, equity-based compensation, complex securities) or ESOPs is a plus. For a valuation analyst, 1-5 years of relevant finance experience, such as valuation analysis, investment banking, financial analysis, corporate finance, credit analysis, financial accounting, or other similar roles, is preferred.
- Professional Designations: Professional designations, or progress toward professional designations, is a plus (e.g., CFA, CPA, ABV, ASA, CBA, CVA).
- Communication Skills: Must have strong verbal communication skills as well as excellent business writing skills.
- Computer Skills: Strong proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required. Experience with CapitalIQ or Crystal Ball is a plus.
Other Critical Attributes:
- Highly-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Ability to think creatively & display intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem-solving and research capabilities
- Ability and desire to succeed in both an individual and a team environment
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to manage multiple engagements, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to work a demanding and flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends, depending on client demands