Provides a wide range of administrative support to the tax department including partners, managers, and staff. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Ability to take on projects with little supervision and sometimes strict time constraints.
- Correspondence for partners, directors, managers and staff, including letters, proposals, engagement letters, memos, etc.
- Assist associates with coordinating and scheduling meetings, scheduling conference rooms, set-up and food orders (if required).
- Maintains partner, director and manager calendars.
- Provide phone coverage and front desk duties for the receptionist lunch, breaks and vacation (on an as-needed basis).
- Assist with associates travel arrangements for continuing education and client travel, including air travel, hotel, ground transportation.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties.
- Tracks and reports actual client related time.
- Consistently utilizes all firm and department software efficiently.
- Involvement with internally focused projects to improve procedures by participation in committees, technical training, HR initiatives, and other firm related projects.
- Works to identify opportunities to reduce costs within the firm.
- Provides other services in addition to core administrative services.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Utilizes appropriate procedures to produce a high quality work product.
- Demonstrates comprehension of relevant accounting knowledge, technology concepts, and other methodologies.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate the ability to work individually or in a team environment and address conflict with peers and superiors.
- Enhances firm collaboration through interactions with associates from all departments.
Work Experience and Education:
- 3 – 5 years of administrative experience.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and PC applications, specifically, but not limited to, Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The Tax Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Administrative Services Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.
*This position is a temporary full-time position lasting from December to April.