Actively participate and in many cases oversee the completion of tax returns, tax planning and other miscellaneous projects for clients in various industries. Perform review of tax workpapers and various tax returns, prepare complex tax returns and assist Tax management Team with all aspects of tax engagements. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Complete analysis and prepare various returns including corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax returns.
- Supervise and review work of other tax seniors, tax staff and/or interns on assigned client engagements
- Responsible for training of tax staff and interns.
- Consult and communicate with department leaders and client personnel to complete engagements.
- Complete engagements within established budget and monitor and report the actual hours incurred compared to the budget and progress of assigned client engagements.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations established by Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete and ensure completion of accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of errors.
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending fundraisers, meetings with prospects/bankers, charitable events, professional organizations, etc.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while working on client work and firm-related projects.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, judgment, and working knowledge of accounting and tax software.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Lead client and team interaction to help ensure efficient flow of information between team, other members of the firm and client personnel.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for clients served.
- Comprehend new, complex tax issues and perform research to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end planning.
- Willing to work hours as needed to meet client deadlines.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work individually or in a team environment and address conflict with peers and subordinates.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop individual professional and technical skills.
- Provide timely feedback to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in development of the associate.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA or successfully passed two sections of the CPA exam.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Approximately 2-3 years of experience in corporate, partnership, trust and individual tax preparation.
- Individual will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- May supervise interns and staff members on client engagements.
- May perform roles of performance manager for interns and staff members.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.