Actively participate in the firm’s Transaction Advisory Services Group (TAS) primarily on due diligence engagements by preparing detailed financial analysis and developing plans to assist clients throughout buy and sell-side advisory projects. The candidate will focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Assist in buy-side and sell-side transaction services engagements, providing financial due diligence services to private equity, mezzanine funds and strategic buyers.
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data and prepare various analyses with an emphasis on the quality of earnings, working capital and debt and debt-like analyses.
- Provide an understanding and evaluation of Target/Client financial and operational conditions and financial reporting processes, assessing normalized cash flows and helping identify key transaction issues.
- Assist and lead sections of due diligence meetings with Target/Client management.
- Own, manage and track information request lists, flow of information and any necessary communications between the Firm and Target/Client.
- Consult and communicate with department leaders and client personnel to ensure completion of engagements.
- Effectively write and communicate reports/deliverables to the engagement team and Target/Client.
- Develop effective and accurate analyses and reports.
- Complete assignments within established budget for assigned areas and monitor and report the actual hours incurred compared to the budget for assigned client engagements.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations established by Firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete and ensure completion of accurate, neat, organized analysis and reports.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while working on client work and firm-related projects.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, judgment and knowledge of GAAP.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Lead client and team interaction to help ensure efficient flow of information between team members and client personnel.
- Identify process improvements resulting in efficiencies on client engagements.
- Comprehend and summarize complex issues.
- Ability to complete assignments timely and accurately.
- Demonstrate ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet client deadlines.
- Exemplify Brand Attributes of the Firm.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with all administrative policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to address conflict with peers and subordinates.
- Consistently enhance and develop individual, professional and technical skills.
- Provide timely feedback to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in development of the associate.
Work Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting.
- Must be a CPA or actively pursuing to complete the CPA exam.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Approximately 2-3 years of financial audit or transaction advisory experience preferred.
- Previous Due Diligence experience preferred.
- Individual will report directly to a Performance Manager who will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative issues or work performance through the formal evaluation process.
- May supervise interns and staff members on client engagements.
- Reliable transportation for on-site client work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and client demands.