GBQ is seeking to add Analysts/Senior Analysts to our rapidly growing valuation advisory practice. We are among the fastest-growing valuation practices in the country, performing hundreds of valuations annually. Our clients are located throughout the country, ranging from international publicly-traded companies to local family-owned businesses. We perform valuations in a wide variety of industries, including – technology, retail, healthcare, logistics, pharmaceutical, construction, professional services, restaurants, and many others.
We specialize in the valuation of businesses, business interests, intangible assets, and complex financial instruments in the context of transaction advisory, ESOPs, estate and gift planning, shareholder transactions, buy-sell agreements, equity-based compensation, financial reporting, and various other corporate-related matters. We also perform investment banking/transaction advisory engagements related to employee buyouts using ESOPs. Individuals in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare Valuation Analyses and Reports – The primary role of our valuation professionals is to complete a wide variety of valuation engagements for companies of all sizes and industries. In performing these valuations, an Analyst/Senior Analyst will:
- Perform in-depth financial and valuation analysis and modeling
- Conduct various valuation techniques, including – discounted cash flow analysis, guideline public company analysis, guideline transaction analysis, option-pricing modeling, Monte Carlo simulations, and various others
- Perform business, industry, and economic research
- Travel to client sites, tour their operations and conduct interviews with company leadership
- Write comprehensive valuation reports to support and document our analysis/opinion
- Transaction/ESOP Advisory – In addition to valuations, our team is extremely active with transaction advisory services, particularly in the context of ESOPs. As such, team members will assist with buy-side and sell-side ESOP transaction advisory services, including performing ESOP feasibility studies, transaction structuring, negotiation, review of transaction documents, and other transaction advisory services.
- Contribute to Group Initiatives – All members of our team are encouraged to contribute to group-wide initiatives and special projects, and otherwise actively participate in the improvement of our Valuation practice. We encourage improvements that are both external (e.g., speaking engagements, article writing, marketing, networking, etc.) and internal (e.g., model/template improvements, valuation research, continuing education, etc.) in nature.
- Pursue Valuation Designations – Our team members are encouraged to pursue valuation- and finance-related professional designations, such as the CFA, CPA/ABV, and/or ASA.
Characteristics of a Successful Valuation Analyst:
- Fundamental understanding of finance, valuation, accounting principles, and economic theory
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving capabilities, and ability to think creatively
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated to perform at a high level
- Excellent business writing skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with finance tools such as CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, FactSet, or Crystal Ball is a plus
- Ability to build strong relationships with members of the professional business community
Job Application Form