Judson G. Ballard, CPA
Senior Manager, State & Local Tax Services
Judd provides a variety of state and local tax services primarily to GBQ’s multistate retail and manufacturing clients, focusing on voluntary disclosures, sales and use tax refund recovery reviews, and use tax compliance process reviews. Judd has worked with several GBQ clients in obtaining state and local tax incentives, multi-state corporate income tax compliance, multistate sales and use tax compliance, and municipal income tax compliance.
Before coming to GBQ, Judd worked in the corporate tax department at Alliance Data Systems, where he focused primarily on federal income tax accounting, including the monthly state and federal tax provision and quarterly deferred tax calculation processes.
Judd has also worked in the Multistate Tax Services group at Deloitte, spending the majority of his time in sales and use tax consulting and compliance for both retail and manufacturing clients. He performed numerous sales and use tax refund recovery projects, multistate voluntary disclosure agreements, taxability matrices, and nexus studies. Judd also has experience with corporate property tax returns and individual income tax returns.
- University of North Carolina, Asheville – B.S., Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Columbus Young Professionals
- COSI Young Professionals Board
- Upper Arlington Civic Association
- UNC Asheville Baseball Alumni Committee
- UNC Asheville Student Athlete Alumni Advisory Board