The Quick Quiz
GBQ’s Consulting Services provide comprehensive methods (or means) to review current human resources policies, procedures, documentation, and systems. Their purpose is to identify needs for improvement and enhancement of the HR function as well as to assess compliance and effectiveness with ever-changing rules and regulations.
To begin assessing your practices, review these questions:
- Have you noticed knowledge gaps in your HR department?
- Have you confirmed you are compliant with Fair Labor Standards Act and other federal laws regarding employment practices
- Are roles and positions in your organization classified correctly and updated annually?
- Do you have a compensation structure and a system to maintain it?
- Have you done a compensation study to ensure you are at market rates?
- Are you incenting compensation for your leaders tied to the strategic plan?
- Do employees understand their complaint/concern procedure?
- Do you have a strategic plan? If so, is there a tactical plan to move the strategic plan forward?
- Are employees pursuing clear career paths with performance coaching?
- Are you monitoring employee performance and is it tied to merit increases? Have you automated this process?
If you answered “no” to any of the above questions, you may need more assistance in exploring—and ensuring compliance in—these critical areas.
Contact us today to find out about how to remedy these gaps in your human resource practices.